Broadcast PDU type 3

Eric C. carlsen.eric+forums at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 00:49:30 UTC 2019

I was interested in getting involved in some open source development. With
a signal processing background, I thought osmo-tetra might be a good
project. Looking at some data from the New Jersey Transit Authority I
noticed something odd though. Some of the Broadcast PDUs had a type of 3,
which in the spec is only listed as "Reserved." What's more, the control
channels there seem to be missing SYSINFO messages. I'm guessing that
somehow their system does a modified SYSINFO (which is normally broadcast
type 0) and labels it 3? Is anyone familiar with the format they use for
that message? Thanks.