Realtime receiving live tetra signal;

Furkan Elibol furkan.elibol at ozu.edu.tr
Tue Nov 26 07:22:07 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I have a sample tetra signal without encryption. I generate a test signal from the tetra sample with a vector signal generator.(@394MHz carrier and 96KHz sampling rate)
I try to receive and listen this test signal realtime with USRP N200 and osmocom tetra. I combine all the osmocom tetra parts in one script (attached) but speech is not continuous and aplay gives underrun warnings. The cpu usage is approximately %30 and there is no memory or disk write/read speed problem. I wonder what is the problem and how can i listen realtime tetra speech.

I also test demodulator offline and then try the rest of the script realtime and there is no problem, i can listen continuous speech without any gap. So i suspect from the demodulator performance..

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Gnuradio 3.6.5.1, UHD 003.005, SSD disk, 8GB Ram, Intel i7-3520M CPU.

Thanks..