play the voice signal ?

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Sat Sep 24 16:44:21 UTC 2011

Hello Pepijn,

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 15:49:37 +0200, "Pepijn van den Berkhof" <vandenberkhof.pepijn at gmail.com> wrote:

> But do you actually hear output from a real life network? Because I
> tried the examples attached to the ETSI document regarding the testing
> of the codec. They work very nicely, but no luck on real life networks
> so far. (yes, no encryption)

I know that others have used the current code to decode speech, maybe
someone can confirm it.

I haven't worked with the code for a while and so can't confirm it,
but it has worked for me in the past.

Maybe I find the time to try it within the next few weeks, if possible
I will also try to provide a sample capture from a test TETRA network
so everyone can try the sample. "Test TETRA Network" means from a
network under our control run in a faraday cage so that there are
no legal issues providing the capture.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de