play the voice signal ?

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sat Sep 24 14:24:28 UTC 2011

On 09/24/2011 03:37 PM, Mccauley wrote:

> Why this secrecy for publishing source to decode unencrypted networks?.
> Have osmocom been threatened by the tetra manufacturers?
> Would damage sysmocom commercial interests

Hi,

sysmocom is building a GSM BTS, right now there is no interest in doing
something commercially with tetra.

We can not integrate the ETSI audio code in our (A)GPL software, the result
would not be freely distributable. From my side I was mostly interested in the
signalling part, or if time would permit try transmitting.

So if you either find a legal way to include the ETSI code at build time, or
preferable write a GPL compatible audio decoder, I think we would be happy to
include it in the git repository.

cheers
	holger