[Tetra] Update on TETRA progress, TODO list

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 18:22:24 UTC 2011

> * optimize the viterbi decoder (and its primitives)
> * modify the viterbi to directly use arrays of uint8_t so we can seave
>  the copying from 8->16 and back from 16->8

I'm working right now on viterbi.

It's not specifically for TETRA but the generator will be able to
generate code for any convolutional coder polynoms of rate 1/n (or
derived from a 1/n code via puncturing).

I already have code for a hard decision viterbi. (input being uint8_t
[0 or 1] and outputing the same). I also have some preliminary code
for soft input -> hard output (which seems to indeed work better if
you have real soft input. Like for punctured input you input 0.5f and
it doesn't bias it). Still working on soft output.

Cheers,

    Sylvain