[Tetra] burst detection/synchronization

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jan 5 19:37:54 UTC 2011

Hi all,

based on the output that Dieters' demodulator from the OP25 project,
I have now written some (simplistic) code to detect the Synchronization
and normal burst training sequences and to split the received bitstream into
bursts.

Based on the samples that I took here in Berlin some time ago, we get 724
bursts, all of them seem to have excellent training sequences - despite still
using hard bits.

The received bursts are split into their BLK1/BLK2/BBK components.  However,
as we don't yet have a viterbi decoder for the RCPC convolutional code,
we cannot recover the actual Layer2 PDUs yet.

The code is now in git, the README has been extended a bit to reflect the
current state.