WIP / RFC for pysim 'next generation;' aka pysim-shell

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Jan 11 13:04:26 UTC 2021

Hi Bryan,

On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 10:00:58AM -0500, bryan coxwell wrote:
> I think this is a great idea and I'd love to help out, but I'm new to
> working on open source projects. What's the best way for me to get started
> in a way that would be helpful?

thanks for reaching out.  By now most of the APIs/architecture is sorted
out, so you could

a) make sure that ts_51_011.py (sim) / ts_31_102.py (usim) / ts_31_103.py (isim)
   contain class definitions for all of the files specified in the latest Release 16
   3GPP specifications

b) write encoder and decoder methods within the EF classes for the various files
   of interest.  See the EF_IMSI() as an example. The Decoder method should return
   a python dict (possibly a hierarchy of dicts) and return the binary representation,
   while the encoder method should take the dict and produce the binary representation.