Laser Cut SIMtrace Case

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Tue Dec 29 08:22:30 UTC 2020

Hi Nick,

sorry for the quite late response.

On Sun, Nov 01, 2020 at 08:11:41PM +1100, Nick wrote:
> Had some free time this afternoon so I put together a laser cut case for
> the SIMtrace (photos attached),

First of all: Congratulations on the design.

> I'm not sure where the best place to put the files are, so others can make
> their own - on the SIMtrace page on the Wiki or in the Repo itself?

I would love to include the files in the official simtrace git repository,
alongside the electrical design files.   Have you thought about the kind of
license you would like to apply?

The original electrical design files are under CC-BY-SA, but using the same
for the mechanical designs would mean we'd have to add some attribution
inside the design file itself, as otherwise every laser cut will come
without attribution by default, and people need to put labels on it to comply
with the attribution clause.

Regards,
	Hrarald
--