Error while installing SIMtrace 2 host PC software

Vasil Velichkov vvvelichkov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 00:01:30 UTC 2019

Hi Сергей Туб,

On 21/11/2019 15.34, Сергей Туб wrote:
> Hello.I have Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on VirtualBox. And I need to install SIMtrace
> 2 host PC software.
>
> I use this instruction https://osmocom.org/progects/simtrace2/wiki
>
> *Preconditions* libosmocore, libpcsclite and libusb.
>
> to install those packages: sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev
> libosmocore-dev libpcsclite-dev
>
> *Compiling it*:
> git clone git://git.osmocom.org/simtrace2.git
> cd simtrace2/host/
> make
>
> ...and when I do *make* I get such mistake:
>
> cc -Wall -g pkg-config --cflags libusb-1.0 libosmocore -o
> simtrace2-remsim.o -c simtrace2-remsim.c
> simtrace2-remsim.c:51:10: fatal error: osmocom/sim/class_tables.h: No such

You need a newer version of libosmocore-dev package as the version from the 18.04 repository is too old (0.9.0-7)
Try installing it from the osmocom:latest repository[1] or building it from source[2]

[1] https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Latest_Builds
[2] https://osmocom.org/projects/libosmocore/wiki/Libosmocore#Obtaining-it

Regards,
Vasil