simtrace2 just sits and does nothing : any suggestions?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Jun 3 13:57:23 UTC 2019

Hi Alan,

On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 10:49:34AM +0100, KageDS wrote:
> Well it looks like my attempt to solder header pins onto the board has ended
> in a disaster:

Sorry to hear that :/

> I also just see garbage on both debug ports. Though I'm not sure which is
> pin1 on the headers or what baud rate I should be using.

The pin-out should be in the manual, but isn't.  Typically one of the pin has a
square copper layer and the others are round, then the square one is GND.  I don't
have a board with me right now so I cannot verify, but we'll investigate.

The baud rate depends on the firmware version.  Older versions use 115200 while current
master uses 921600 bps.

We'll make sure to update the manual to include related information.

> I'm guessing I should send the board back for repair?

That's probably the best idea.  Sorry for the troubles.  Please return
to sysmocom, we'll make sure to repair, test and return it together with
cables for the serial console to get back to the analyzing the actual
problems you've been experiencing.

Thanks,