SimTrace2 hardware "Cannot read string:"

Ken-Tristan Peterson kentristan.peterson at 1ot.mobi
Thu Jan 31 06:31:39 UTC 2019

Hello Osmocom community,

My hardware arrived and was exited to test it out.
But I get an error message: "Cannot read string: Resource temporarily
unavailable".
This happens when I run commands "./simtrace2-list" and
"./simtrace2-sniff". List command lists devices nicely.
Sniff command enters main loop but no communication is sniffed.
Have attached also a screenshot below.

But it happens 50% of the time, other than that it might start without the
warning message but does not track any communication from the SIM.

The SIM works nicely through SimTrace2 hardware, but sniffing does not.

I have made sure to follow the steps in Wiki and made sure that the
permissions are granted.

Help appreciated,

Ken-Tristan Peterson IoT Hacker & Community Manager

Mobile: +372 53 331 735
kentristan.peterson at 1oT.mobi

<https://1ot.mobi/>