Sim tracer with samsung galaxy S9 (nano sim)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Feb 22 22:44:42 UTC 2019

Dear Sunil,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 04:52:26PM +0100, Sunil Hebbur Srikantamurthy wrote:
> I am planning to use the nano sim based mobile phone. Could you please tell
> me if its possible to use the SIM TRACER for the same.

there are nano (4FF) sized fpc adapters available, see the design files
at http://git.osmocom.org/simtrace/tree/hardware/nano-UICC

sysmocom sells them at
http://shop.sysmocom.de/products/simtrace-fpc-4ff
http://shop.sysmocom.de/products/simffc-4ff-st-o
http://shop.sysmocom.de/products/simffc-4ff-ra-c
http://shop.sysmocom.de/products/simffc-4ff-ra-o

> For example samsung galaxy S9. By looking at the wiki I see the sim
> tracer would fit in for standard sim slot, will the end point of the
> flex PCB fit the nano sim holder of S9 ?.

Nobody can give you guarantees that they will fit mechanically with any given phone.
You may need to perform mechanical modifications to sim card
drawers/holders to fit the FPC.