Migrating simtrace2.git to gerrit / build verification

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Jun 29 20:18:45 UTC 2018

Hi Kevin and wider SIMtrace community,

I've finally managed to set up a build verification jobs for the simtrace2
firmware, and in the process migrate simtrace2.git to gerrit.

* https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/master-simtrace2/ is automatically
  * building the master branch for all apps/boards,
  * building the master branch of the host software
  * executing actual unit tests (currently only cardem) in "firmware/test"

* https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/gerrit-simtrace2/
  is triggered by gerrit and will perform automatic verification of any
  patches submitted for review (using the above-mentioned tests)

In case anyone hasn't worked with gerrit before, please see
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/gerrit for detailed
information on how to set it up.

@Kevin: You don't appear to have a gerrit account yet, so I couldn't give
you the proper credentials.  Let me know once you created the account, so
I can give you credentials so you can continue to push to kredon/simtrace
or related branches.

Write access to the git.osmocom.org/simtrace2.git repository has been removed,
only gerrit will replicate to that repository.

I've also pushed tons of Kevin's fixes to master, leaving mainly the work
on the "trace" firmware in "kredon/simtrace".  You can rebase your branch
cleanly on top of master.