Current status of the SIMtrace project

Kévin Redon ml at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Fri Mar 17 23:36:27 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 04:39:34PM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:

> > Sorry, my bad. I was looking only in the master branch, hoping that
> > would reflect latest production releases. And they are not named "1.4p",
> > AFAICT, but:
>
> The 'p' is for 'production', kevin introduced that some time ago, I
> don't recall the exact rationale.

we changed the v1.0 design so to fit the production. The manufacturer of the board had a surplus of some components (mosfet, diode), so we decided to replace some of the components we initially chose to speed up and ease the production (the component requirements were identical, only the footprint were different).
I think we did the same for v1.1 and v1.2, and we just kept the 'p' (for production) from there on but the design didn't need to be changed.
This confusion is now only due to historical reasons.