SIMtrace and fwupd

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 15:08:54 UTC 2016

Hi all,

My name is Richard Hughes and I work for Red Hat. I'm the maintainer
of fwupd, an open source firmware update system designed for Linux.
We're updating thousands of devices every month safely and securely
using the fwupd and the Linux Vendor Firmware Service. I'm also the
guy behind the OpenHardware ColorHug device, so I'm particularly
interested in making firmware updates easy to apply on open source and
free software devices. I see SIMtrace is using DFU, and fwupd can
already talk to DFU-using devices using the libdfu library so I don't
think any actual additional code would be required in fwupd. For your
device, it would just be creating a cabinet with the required metadata
included.

If this is interesting, please see http://www.fwupd.org/ or email me
back for more details. I can create you a dummy account on the LVFS if
you'd like to upload some test firmware. If your device doesn't have
any firmware updates, and you don't plan of issuing any, please
disregard this email. Thanks for reading!

Richard.