Issue building SIMtrace firmware from OpenPCD repository

Nick Poczynek n.poczynek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:18:46 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm unable to build the SIMtrace firmware according to the instructions on
the wiki at http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/SIMtrace/Firmware.
The GCC 4.5.2 ARM cross compiler has been installed and added to my path.
Here is the output when I run make:

~/repos/openpcd/firmware$ make -f Makefile.dfu BOARD=SIMTRACE

-------- begin (mode: RUN_FROM_ROM) --------
arm-elf-gcc (GCC) 4.5.2

Assembling (ARM-only): src/start/Cstartup.S
arm-elf-gcc -c -mcpu=arm7tdmi -I. -x assembler-with-cpp -DRUN_FROM_ROM
-D__AT91SAM7S256__ -Wa,-adhlns=src/start/Cstartup.lst,--gdwarf-2 -Iinclude/
-D__ASSEMBLY__ src/start/Cstartup.S -o src/start/Cstartup.o
src/start/Cstartup.S:102:2: error: #error please define PIO_BOOTLDR for
your board
make: *** [src/start/Cstartup.o] Error 1

Has the SIMtrace target been removed from this repo? Looking through
Makefile and Makefile.dfu, I don't see any references to the project. None
of the checks on the $BOARD variable include a SIMTRACE option. Similarly,
Cstartup.S only defines PIO_BOOTLDR for PCD, PICC, and OLIMEX boards.

I'm still browsing through some other source files to see if I'm missing
something obvious, but I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
-Nick P.