APDU log

de Miguel, Gorka gdemiguel at ceit.es
Tue Apr 21 10:47:10 UTC 2015

Dear friends,

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Gorka De Miguel and I am working in my master´s thesis right now. On it, I am trying to do a man in the middle attack to my own cellphone and trying to obtain the data that reaches the SIM card. For that I am using a simtrace board. I have followed the user manual and the advises given in the web, but I am not able to make it work properly. Once I have simtrace executable created with the libosmocom and the rest of libraries  in my computer in the way it is said in the web, I can execute it and some APDUs appear in the screen, but they seem to be not useful.

Then I wanted to log them by using HTerm, to parse it and try to obtain the meaning of the APDUs. But the device is not recognized by the linux machine. I mean , it does not appear in the /dev directory. So it is imposible to reach to it and log the APDUs using a different program. I also tried to recognize the device using a windows machine, but it does not recognize it as there is not a simtrace driver for windows.

Reached this point, my questions are the following ones; is there any way of logging de APDUS from the simtrace program? Is there any simtrace driver for windows? Do you know about anyone that was able to parse the APDUs and understand them well? Have anybody used HTerm? Is anybody able to understand the APDUs obtained? If yes, would it be possible to obtain his/her contact? Thank you in advance for all, every little advice will be really helpful for me,

Regards

Gorka De Miguel