DFU mode, wireshark

Martin Kaiser lists at kaiser.cx
Sun Jan 12 16:59:10 UTC 2014

Dear all,

recently, we added a dissector for USB DFU to wireshark. It recognizes
packets based on product ID + vendor ID.
I tested this with my simtrace (v1.0) board and it works like a charm
when I add 0x16c0, 0x0762.

However, I saw that for the simtrace board, prod id/vendor id is the
same for DFU mode and sniffer mode. I guess that for sniffer mode (or
any other mode than DFU), it doesn't really make sense to capture the
raw USB packets.

Therefore, I tend to add 0x16c0, 0x0762 and link it to USB DFU.
Are you ok with this?

Thanks,

   Martin