SIM detection failing on Samsung Galaxy S III

Rupert Lloyd rupert.lloyd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 15:08:02 UTC 2013

We received a simtrace board a few weeks ago and have been able to
successfully use it on a Google NexusOne and iPhone 4s (using a dual SIM
adapter).

When we have tried it on two different Samsung Galaxy S III devices both
were unable to detect the sim card. We verified that we could read the same
sim cards when placed in other devices.

Has anyone else had success or failures on using recent 3G/4G devices? Are
there more tests I could run to isolate the cause?

Rupert