ask about design sim card reader

Tom Schouten tom at zwizwa.be
Thu Jul 25 21:37:35 UTC 2013

On 07/25/2013 02:52 PM, anak galer wrote:
> hello ,
>
> anyone have schematic design sim reader PC/SC , yesterday i'm make
> some reader but not support with PC/SC apps in here
> (http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-sim-auth | A smart card reader compatible
> with pcsc-lite) i think my card support with phoenix reader? and
> anyone can explain the differences between the PC / SC with phoenix
> sim reader or etc
>
> Regards

the SIMtrace schematic can serve as inspiration.  just discard the UART1
PHONE interface.
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/attachment/wiki/SIMtrace/Hardware/simtrace_v12_schematic.pdf

there is experimental CCID firmware for SIMtrace which works with pcsc-lite
see the "SIMtrace MITM/emulator" thread

in general if your card reader does not support the CCID USB standard,
you are out of luck unless the vendor provides a specific non-CCID
driver as a plugin for pcsc-lite.

here's a list of CCID devices:
http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/supported.html