SIMtrace MITM/emulator

Tom Schouten tom at zwizwa.be
Tue Jul 9 14:58:50 UTC 2013

On 07/08/2013 09:19 PM, Kevin Redon wrote:
> Excerpts from Tom Schouten's message of 2013-07-08 15:43:34 -0700:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> What is the current status of the MITM support?  Anyone working on it
>> behind the scenes?
>>
> currently no-one.
> I planned to do it in the next months.
>
>> Also, I'd like to gauge how much work would be necessary to implement an
>> emulator mode, with emulator running on PC.  I.e. SIMtrace used to doe
>> ATR handshake and then hand over all APDU to host PC over USB.
>>
> I will mainly implement a APDU forwarder, where the PC will receive the APDU from the phone and can reply
>
> kevin

Hi Kevin,

I need it soon, so I'm making a stab at it.  I'll put progress here:
https://github.com/zwizwa/openpcd  # branch apdufw

If you have any suggestions, let me know.

I'd be particularly interested in ideas about what representation to use
for transporting APDU packets to/from host.

( I had been thinking about SLIP, but it might not be necessary to
encapsulate it. )

Cheers,
Tom