simtrace freeze

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Jan 10 18:28:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 05:31:10PM +0200, Stefanos Malliaros wrote:
> Good evening.

Hi,

> My simtrace seems to freeze and stop processing.

do you either have JTAG or a serial cable?

> i read a solution of changing the buffer size.

no, there can be an issue that one does not transfer a buffer
quick enough. In that case reducing the size of the buffer is
a work around.

> should i try to do that or update to the latest firmware?

You should try to understand what the problem is. This starts by
describing the symptoms as accurately as possible. What are you
doing? what is the last thing you receive? does the red led switch
off? does the device reset on the bus switch? is there anything
on the serial? does restarting the simtrace host app change anything?

holger