SIMtrace MITM/emulator

Tom Schouten tom at zwizwa.be
Fri Aug 9 02:25:30 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 08:37 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Tom Schouten wrote:
>>> Another method would be type=vendor recipient=device control requests
>>> over the default endpoint. This works well everywhere except on Windows.
>> Does this work if the device is already bound by another driver - in
>> this case libccid?
> I'll repeat myself: This works well everywhere except on Windows.
Well... I tried this for the CDC and I get "Device or resource busy".
It doesn't work if the device is already opened by another process or a
kernel driver.

It seems plausible a USB device can only be opened once, so you're can
you elaborate on what you are referring to by "it works well everywhere"
wrt "already bound by another driver" ?