T=0 and T=1 sniffer

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Nov 20 07:31:02 UTC 2012

Hi all,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 01:21:45PM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> Mmm, although they are similar at the higer levels, T=0 and T=1 are
> pretty different at the 'byte' level and I'm pretty sure you'll need
> to adapt both the firmware and the host app (since it tries to
> interpret the bytes to fw entire APDU to wireshark).

Yes, this is true.  I think I remember having started to work on T=1
support at some point in the past, but I cannot find the code anywhere.
Maybe it was just an idea, after all.

The hardware can definietly do it.  One of the reasons it is not
implemented in firmware / host software yet is simple:  All SIM cards
are mandated to also support T=0, and I don't think I've ever seen a
phone that actually uses T=1.  So there are many other tasks higher up
on the priority list than the mostly "scientific" interest in T=1
support, sorry.