osmo-sim-auth

Stefanos Malliaros stefmalli89 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 11:08:18 UTC 2012

Good evening.

I would like to ask some questions about osmo-sim-auth.
First of all i have installed it and i am capable of doing 2g
authentications with the parameters -r -s

However i face some problems with the 3g authentication. I have checked
my cards through windows and they are usim.

When i run the command

/./osmo-sim-auth.py -r 00000000000000000000000000000000 -a
ec9320c2c2120000c8b7de2a3449f1bd

/i get as response the following/

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./osmo-sim-auth.py", line 114, in <module>
     handle_usim(options, rand_bin, autn_bin)
   File "./osmo-sim-auth.py", line 44, in handle_usim
     if len(ret) == 1:
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

/I tried to find where the problem is and i have found that the problem
is possibly in the if statement in file USIM.py in line 296
( /if self.coms()[2][0] in (0x9F, 0x61):/)

i put before that line the following to see the value that is compared
in the if
/print self.coms()[2][0]

/and i get as response the number 152 which in hex is 98.

I also put a print 'aaaa' below the if statement to see if the print
will be executed.
Unfortunately the i didn't see the 'aaaa' message on the screen.

Do you know what should i do or where to search to fix this problem?

Thanks.