Collaborative database of TERMINAL PROFILE

Lukas Kuzmiak lukash at backstep.net
Mon May 21 16:53:41 UTC 2012

Hey Harald,

nice project ;) thumbs up for Kevin too of course.

Having that, I wanted to ask, do you see a possibility of kind-of
man-in-the-middle with Simtrace?

As it would be nice to test these various scenarios on different phones
we'd need to inject these commands into the communication between the phone
and the sim.
Honestly, I'm not quite sure how this is (not) going to be working
according to the standard and if sneaking in a command wouldn't break the
communication.

Maybe it's a better idea to get all the files from the sim (the ones
readable with PIN should be enough, like IMSI and the ones in TS 11.11),
start-up kind of a simulator of the sim filesystem and only let the  RUN
GSM ALGO APDU to go through to the SIM and handle the rest by the
simulator. Using something like that, it sounds easier to inject some
Proactive Commands and similar.

I'd like to know your opinion, as I'm not so deeply familiar with the
low-level stuff (ISO-7816).

Thanks!
Cheers,
Lukas