7816 implementation in SIMtrace

Eran Duchan pavius at gmail.com
Thu May 17 22:47:05 UTC 2012

Hi list,

A few questions regarding the 7816 driver, while I wait for my SIMtrace
board to arrive:

1) It is stated in the hardware section that the datasheet for the SAM7S
does not specify working as a slave, and this is indeed the case. How did
this slave implementation come about? Trial and error or is this an
officially supported mode?
2) The SAM3S also has no mention of 7816 slave mode, and I noticed v2.0 of
the hardware will be based on this uC. Has this been verified to work?
3) I'm trying to understand why compute_fidi_ratio() returns a
multiplication of fi, di instead of division if di > 8. Didn't see anything
that states this requirement in the SAM7S datasheet (table 31-5).

Thanks!
Eran