New v0.5 simtrace firmware release

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Mar 22 23:12:23 UTC 2012

Hi all!

Just in time before OsmoDevCon, I managed to releaes a new version of
the SIMtrace firmware.

The list of changes is quite extensive and should address a number of
the reliability problems that people have experienced.

The changes include:
* don't activate pass-through and LDO supply for the sim card at
  the same time, leading in power leaking from simtrace into phones
* fix a watchdog timer misconfiguration leading to occasional watchdog
  resets
* fix detection of sim insert/removal
* better VCC_PHONE detection
* reduce the amount of debug logging on the serial console and replace
  it by statistics (count of bytes, overruns, parity errors, etc)
* statistics can be read from the UART by pressing 't'.
* no longer crash the simtrace firmware if no simtrace host program is
  running

Using this v0.5 firmware and a pretty aggressiv program causing lots of
traffic (hunz' simdump) on a cm3121 reader at card Fi(9) Di(4) ratio 64
didn't cause any lost bytes or SIMtrace resets for me anymore.

Any feedback is appreciated.