No output when tracing a Gemalto Cryptoflex ,NET card

Kevin Redon kevredon at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Mon Jan 16 20:01:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

If you have a corrected firmware and it works with another phone/card, then
I can provide some experience with a similar problem I got.
Sometimes I did get random garbage instead of the correct APDU. The problem
was hard to find but obvious: it was because of EMI. I used SIMtrace on a NFC
capable phone and used the NFC. Because the FFC is not shielded (hard to do
for such a flat cable) and the cable runs under the NFC antenna which is in
the back cover of the phone, it interfered with the SIM traffic.
The solution is to remove the cover, or if you still need to use the NFC to
cover the NFC antenna using 1mm copper tape in the inside, so to protect
the cable.

good luck,
kevin

Excerpts from jeremy brookfield's message of Mon Jan 16 18:05:34 +0100 2012: