MitM firmware status

Dominique Parolin D.Parolin at gmx.net
Wed Jan 11 12:42:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

as I could not find any udpates since July 2011 about MitM capable firmware here, or on the Wiki page I wanted to check if there is currently active development of a MitM firmware ?

I would like to use it to manipulate fields from a physical SIM / UICC in real-time, e.g. non user editable fields like EF OPLMNwAcT.

As a next step I would like to develop a tool that simulates a UICC with several applications on it, so that only the authentication is being made by the real UICC / SIM and utilize the simtrace HW as the physical interface.

However the key to this is a proper firmware to interact with the ME <-> UICC communication in real time.

I have written some classes and decoder for specific fields in Python (using Smartcard and a PCSC compatible reader) that can read and write, authenticate etc. however I lack the ability to write the firmware on my own.

Regards,
Dominique