Loosing 1 byte on each chunk of URB transfer

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Feb 12 10:04:56 UTC 2012

Hi Ben,
On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:42:32PM +0100, Myonium wrote:

> It seems to me that simtrace looses a byte between 2 URB transfers
> from the device. To trace the problem down, I wrote a little
> test-program, running the same APDU against the smart card.

Interesting.  This hasn't been seen so far.  Can you please let us know
more about your setup, particularly the baud rate you're running at?  My
immediate assumption would be that the PPS is selecting a high-speed
rate and we run into an overflow somewhere, possibly in reading the UART FIFO.

If you can force your reader to use a lower rate (e.g.  by using a very
old card, or explicit commands on the host/reader side) it would be
worth trying it at different speeds and checking if there is any change
in behavior.