Problem in installing wireshark simtrace on openSUSE 12.1

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Aug 2 17:33:46 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:50:30AM +0530, Anand Prakash wrote:
> Dear All,

Hi,

> I have installed openSUSE 12.1 KDE and VMware perfectly, now I am trying to
> install wireshark simtrace by usig following  3 steps which are as
> follows...
> *1>* zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home,
> :/zecke23/openSUSE_11.4/ home:zecke23.repo

openSUSE_12.1 is available too and it has wireshark-1.6.5-18.1 in the
repository (there was a security update so the default version of
wireshark might be newer than this one).

I have updated the wireshark to 1.8.1 (without any Osmocom patches) and
dropped CentOS 5.0 in the process. The build has not finished on all
distributions though.

holger