Unable to compile firmware

Marnix Janse marnix.janse at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 08:03:55 UTC 2012

On 7 apr. 2012, at 01:35, Peter Stuge wrote:

> It shouldn't take that much effort actually. Hm.
>
> Anyway. Did you clean your build directory thoroughly between each
> toolchain switch? Otherwise you are mixing binary object files and
> that has about zero chance of working out.

Well, I like to rule out my errors before asking for help. Between every
build attempts I ran "make clean". The current status is that on Ubuntu
11.10 the GNUarm from the wiki worked. Firmware was loaded via sam7.
(I have 1.1p revision hw, took a while before it was in SAM-BA-mode)

The device is in DFU-mode when you see this in dmesg:

usb 2-2.2: new full speed USB device number 7 using uhci_hcd
cdc_acm 2-2.2:1.0: This device cannot do calls on its own. It is not a modem.
cdc_acm 2-2.2:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
cdc_acm: USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters

The first traces were made succesfully via tcpdump. Wireshark shows the
GSM11.11 packets as corrupted data. Decoding up to GSM11.11 layer
is fine. This is sometning I will probably figure out myself, but any hints
are welcome.

NFC-tests are part of my work package, but it looks like the board requires
some shielding. The 13MHz antennas seem to disturb the operation on the
simtrace-boad. Will find a solution and report back to the community.

Marnix