Updated usermanual and 'streamlining' of the wiki content

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Oct 10 06:32:08 UTC 2011

Hi Holger,

On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 06:16:09PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On 10/09/2011 06:10 PM, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
>
> > Maybe just mention the wireshark git on osmocom, which is easier if
> > you want more than the simtrace patch.
>
> Thanks, I plan to update simtrace builds and wireshark packages (also install
> them into another prefix, and rename it). I will update the docs in the same
> go then.

one alternative to offer full wireshark builds would be the
conversion/wrapping of the simcard dissector as a plugin.  I _believe_
the plugin API is quite stable even over many wireshark versions.

but then, the same amount of time could probably be spent in making it
more complete and submitting it mainline, instead.