RFC: Generic (U)SIM software

Kevin Redon kevredon at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Sun Nov 27 13:52:18 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I already made some SIM tools, which I call softSIM.
It can already dump all the data (files) from the SIM (into an XML),
sometimes even parse it, and this dump can be used to simulated a
SIM (using BT SAP). More details are available in the wiki article.
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/softSIM

It only handles SIM (I had no need to play with USIM), and is in
ruby (not the best language if we want to use it in SIMtrace), but
it works great and it can be used as inspiration for re-implementation.
Writing a writer or UI based on this code would not take me long, if
the existing tools are accepted as base.

I'm quite interested in write a reader/writer/simulator in C, but I have
not that much time (I use it for SIMtrace at the moment). But I'm happy
to help, or do it later on.

kevin

Excerpts from Harald Welte's message of Sat Nov 26 19:12:45 +0100 2011: