SIMtrace PCBs / prototype progress

Kevin Redon kevredon at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Wed Jun 15 08:59:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 14.06.2011 22:23, Harald Welte wrote:

> Today the PCBs have arrived and I spent some tiem building the first
> prototype.  Soldering after a long time was quite fun but worked great.

good news

> However, I got stuck for way too long due to two pin-out problems:

bad news

> * the voltage regulator pinout is completely mixed up

see next mail

> * the reset switch pinout is wrong and causes the device to be in nRESET
>   all the time

error : the pin numbers are wrong
source : it's my bad, I draw the footprint and read/remembered the
circuit diagram wrong.
effect : the two switches are affected. the endpoint are constantly
connected (instead of "switched")
workaround : turn the switch by 90° (CW/CCW), then solder

kevin