BC847 SMD pinout problem

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Jun 14 21:18:35 UTC 2011

Hi Kevin!

Can you please let me know how you entered/imported the BC847
library/module for kicad?  Is it something you did yourself or imported
from some public reference library?

The reason why I'm asking:  It should be a very common component and
part of a standard library.  However, the pinout is wrong.
Specifically, pins 1 and 2 seem to be mixed up (base and emitter
switched).

This could be
a) a result from broken public library (somebody should have found this
   before)
b) something we entered wrongly into the simtrace library (happens...)
c) something wrong about the mirroring of the part, e.g. because we call
   the soldering side 'front/top side' in our design.  Normally in SMD,
   as far as i understand, everything happens on the solder/back side.