GPL version of SIMtrace

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Jul 14 22:41:25 UTC 2011

Hi Holger,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 09:44:53PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> it looks like that simtrace (the host application) is licensed under GPLv2? Is
> this on purpose?

I took code samples from openpcd host code to create it, that's probably
why.  I don't think there's a problem to make it GPLv2+ or GPLv3, but
let me review that first to be sure.

AGPL doesn't really make sense here, as you don't really operate
simtrace as a network service with remote access anyway...