Active Manipulation SIM-ME

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Jul 14 19:14:16 UTC 2011

Hi Dirk and others,

yes, the hardware is capable of full MITM.   We haven't yet written the
software (both firmware and host software) for it, but we are confident
that it will work.

The 100 unit hardware manufacturing is scheduled for mid next week,
which should give us ample time for testing, flashing and possibly
debugging any issues that may arise during that production run before
the camp.

And yes, I was referring to the camp as availability time.

The price is not fixed yet, but I would expect somewhere in the order of
75 EUR, including a set of four SIM card adapters.  This may seem a lot
given the BOM cost, but it's actually "just" the production cost plus
the hardware cost we had for doing the two prototype runs, plus some
amount that we need as a safeguard for dealing with warranty related
issues (mandatory legal warranty for products is 2 years in the EU).
Also, the SIM card dummy adapters are surprisingly expensive to get hold
of :/

All time spent in doing the hardware design (schematics, layout,
firmware, host software) is volunteer work by Kevin and me.