SIMtrace production has started

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Jul 7 07:26:28 UTC 2011

Hi all,

JFYI: The SIMtrace v1.0p bulk production has started.  It will take
about two weeks for the PCBs to be produced, after that we will do SMT.
We expect to get the fully assembled boards by July 27th, which gives us
some time for testing + programming before the Camp.

We expect the boards to be available at the 27C3, and after that from
the sysmocom webshop.

Meanwhile, I have discovered that Atmels at91lib includes code for a USB
CCID implementation.  So we could provide something like a
multi-configuration device, that has a default configuration for the
sniffer, and a different configuration to behave like a regular CCID
smart card reader.  I'm not certain when I will get around doing that,
but it definitely seems like an interesting option.