Any progress reports / experience with SIMtrace?

Lukas Kuzmiak lukash at backstep.net
Mon Aug 29 17:29:58 UTC 2011

Hey,

I use simtrace quite often lately and I haven't experienced any problems so
far.

It works fine with the phones I've been using for testing:
Motorola C123 (mostly)
Nokia E51
and couple other old nokia phones

I haven't patched my wireshark as the patch didn't work with latest svn
revision and I didn't really have time to patch the patch :)
I know there were questions at CCC which version was patch meant to be used
with, are there any news to this? or updates to the patch?

I've been using the text output only so far with my own interpreter coded
just as a shellscript and it seems sufficient for my usage currently.

But for "the masses" it would be nice to have it included in wireshark
trunk, I can participate with some more interpretations, I'll compare what I
have and what's in the patch.

Lukas