samba precondition

Kevin Redon kevredon at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Thu Aug 18 20:24:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

I think I found a small hardware bug while fixing the v1.0p boards
(adding a 100nF capacitor near the LDO pin 4).
When I want to put the SAM7S in SAM-BA mode (shorting TEST and 3.3V
pins), it does not work, even after waiting a lot of time.
The 2 LEDs are on, and when I touch PA0 (pin 48 on the right upper
corner of the SAM7S, near the "A") with a piece of metal, the LEDs
switch off and putting into SAM-BA mode works.
maybe PA0 needs to be low/up but it is not connected and probably floating.
The solution is easy, but should we correct that for the next version
(if it is a real bug)?

Also, simtrace seems to load sam_ba module, which I have to remove so I
can use sam7util multiple times:
sudo rmmod cdc_acm && sudo rmmod sam_ba && sudo ./sam7 --exec set_clock
--exec unlock_regions --exec "flash ../openpcd/firmware/main_simtrace.samba"

thanks,
kevin