DWM-222 rev A2

Tomcsányi Domonkos domi at tomcsanyi.net
Tue Oct 30 09:25:04 UTC 2018

Hello Rogan,

I'm the author of the Wiki page about the stick.
https://osmocom.org/projects/quectel-modems/wiki/D-Link_DWM-222_stick <https://osmocom.org/projects/quectel-modems/wiki/D-Link_DWM-222_stick>
I am really glad to see some interest in the device.

Do you have ADB access, or that has already been disabled?
You could try to flash a new firmware on the device, using the provided flasher application (Windows only). Would you be open to run the firmware updater tool with my modified rootfs, that would enable ADB for the stick?
I think the A1 firmware is compatible, but I cannot say for sure. All I know is that my stick's LED doesn't properly do status indication since I run the upgrade, but otherwise it functions as a modem.
I'd be happy to co-operate on this project, because I think it is quite interesting.

About the shields: as it could be seen on the pictures I just lifted the metal with a screewdriver to reveal the chips. The A2 has those maybe soldered on?

Also I just noticed D-Link has released 2 new firmwares since I last checked. I will see if I can somehow update my dongle from the current semi-broken state.

Cheers,
Domi