RFC: new type for NAS/EPS in gsmtap.h and question

Shinjo Park pshinjo at sec.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 27 10:11:58 UTC 2017

2017년 11월 23일 목요일 오후 10시 34분 47초 CET에 Harald Welte 님이 쓴 글:
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 09:47:25PM +0100, Martin Heusse wrote:
> > Harald, Shinjo,
> > please find below is a tiny patch to add
> > #define GSMTAP_TYPE_LTE_NAS		0x12
> > to packet-gsmtap.h
> > and the corresponding code that uses it.
>
> great, feel free to push this to the wireshark gerrit.
>
> I've made a corresponding change in libosmocore, see
> https://gerrit.osmocom.org/5018

Forwarding the discussion at Wireshark gerrit at https://code.wireshark.org/
review/#/c/24554/4:

Devices dumping NAS messages can give both encrypted and plain messages. At
least for Qualcomm LTE basebands it is true. Therefore using sub_type for
differentiating encrypted and plain NAS messages were discussed there. This
will likely introduce another modifications to gsmtap.h, and therefore want to
discuss more about this topic also here.

Shinjo

--
Shinjo Park <pshinjo at sec.t-labs.tu-berlin.de>
Security in Telecommunications <sec.t-labs.tu-berlin.de>