Information on getting adb on ME906v

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jan 14 13:51:57 UTC 2017

Hi all,

the ME906v is a Linux-running Qualcomm based modem, which has been first
published about at DEFCON 23
(https://media.defcon.org/DEF%20CON%2023/DEF%20CON%2023%20presentations/DEFCON-23-Mickey-Shkatov-Jesse-Michael-Scared-poopless-LTE-and-your-laptop-UPDATED.pdf)

It is EOL by now (Huawei probably wants to use HiSilicon these days
rather than Qualcomm) but can be found rather inexpensively from
refurbished suppliers like http://www.minipc.de/de/catalog/il/978

Unfortunately it's M.2 / NGFF and not mPCIe, so it cannot be used in
most embedded devices (PC-Engines, Soekris, ...) or the Osmocom
mPCIE-breakout board.

I have just added some information to our wiki at
https://osmocom.org/projects/quectel-modems/wiki/Huawei_ME906v and
https://osmocom.org/projects/quectel-modems/wiki/Huawei_ME906v_adb

  QCMAP_ConenctionManager running
* not many HUAWEI modifications recognizable on the Linux side
* no fancy FOTA updates or AT+QLINUXCMD equivalents
* DIAG is present by default
* ADB can be enabled, but requires serial console soldering at least
  once :/

Would be nice to find a way to enable adb without having to solder.

I'm still working with Huawei to release the related complete and
corresponding source code under the GPL.