AW: Make fails while installing gr-osmosdr

Thangaraj Mukara Dhakshinamoorthy thangaraj at komro.net
Wed Oct 27 12:43:42 UTC 2021

Hello Vasil,

The problem was with gr-fcdproplus package only! After removing it was installing fine and I got it under GRC Menu!

But there is a new error while executing the flowgraph!

Console:

Generating: '/home/thangz/Desktop/gnuradio/rtlsdr_fm_spectrum_simple.py'

Executing: /usr/bin/python3 -u /home/thangz/Desktop/gnuradio/rtlsdr_fm_spectrum_simple.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/osmosdr/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
    from .osmosdr_python import *
ImportError: generic_type: type "sink" referenced unknown base type "gr::hier_block2"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/thangz/Desktop/gnuradio/rtlsdr_fm_spectrum_simple.py", line 37, in <module>
    import osmosdr
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/osmosdr/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
    from .osmosdr_python import *
ImportError: generic_type: type "sink" referenced unknown base type "gr::hier_block2"

What is the problem here?

Regards,
Thangaraj