AW: Make fails while installing gr-osmosdr

Thangaraj Mukara Dhakshinamoorthy thangaraj at komro.net
Wed Oct 27 09:38:45 UTC 2021

Hi Vasil,

1. How did you install gnuradio - from source or from the ppa repository? And how did you install gr-fcdproplus?
	> /usr/local/include/gnuradio/hier_block2.h:93:35: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'gr::fcdproplus::fcdproplus::sptr' {aka 	'boost::shared_ptr<gr::fcdproplus::fcdproplus>'} to 'gr::basic_block_sptr' {aka 'std::shared_ptr<gr::basic_block>'}
	>    93 |     void connect(basic_block_sptr src, int src_port, basic_block_sptr dst, int dst_port);

	Since I needed a specific version of gnuradio, I built it from source and I didn't remember installing gr-fcdproplus seperately, it was all packaged together I guess! But anyhow it was found 	to be installed in my system.

2. One possible reason is two incompatible gnuradio versions installed on your system in different locations - `/usr/` and `/usr/local/`. Make sure to remove all other gnuradio versions and that there is no `/usr/include/gnuradio` directory. Then delete the build directory and start from scratch.

	I removed the previous installations and built the new gnuradio from source (master branch) as you mentioned. But still the same error shows up.
	I also tried installing via sudo apt install gr-osmosdr, but still dind't get it in GRC Menu successfully!

3. Another possible reason is the version of gr-fcdproplus that you have installed is not compatible with your gnuradio version.
	 > I just need the RTL-SDR component

	You can try removing gr-fcdproplus as it is not needed for RTL-SDR devices.
	Seems like it is needed, when I remove it throws error earlier during any OOT module's make installation!

Is there any simple way where I can get both RTL-SDR and USRP blocks in GNUradio? Any advice would be much appreciated!

PFA logfile

Regards,
Thangaraj