Cmake fails during osmocom grc block installation

Vasil Velichkov vvvelichkov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:31:24 UTC 2021

Hi Thangaraj,
On 11/11/2021 10.39, Thangaraj Mukara Dhakshinamoorthy wrote:

> GNU Radio version: 3.8.1.0

How did you install gnuradio - with the package manager or from source?

> I tried to build osmocom block in my existing gnuradio environment

Which gr-osmosdr version are you trying to install?

> -- Checking for module 'gruel'
> --   No package 'gruel' found
> -- Could NOT find GRUEL (missing: GRUEL_LIBRARIES GRUEL_INCLUDE_DIRS)

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:166 (message):
>   Gruel required to build gr-osmosdr

This error indicates you are trying to install an older version that is compatible with gnuradio 3.7 but not with 3.8

> What am I missing here? I installed the required RTL-SDR packages too!

For gnuradio 3.8 you need to build the latest version of gr3.8 branch [1] or version 0.2.3 [2]. In case you have install gnuradio from the Ubuntu's repository you can install gr-osmosdr from there as well - sudo apt-get install gr-osmosdr

[1] https://github.com/osmocom/gr-osmosdr/tree/gr3.8
[2] https://github.com/osmocom/gr-osmosdr/archive/refs/tags/v0.2.3.tar.gz

Regards,
Vasil