Announcement of "OsmoDevCall"

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Mar 3 08:47:14 UTC 2021

Hi Garret,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 09:44:53PM +0000, Garrett wrote:
>    Thanks for tonight, was very informative

happy to hear.

>    If its not to0 late to add stuff to the agenda I would love to
>    hear of any progress on sysmoOCTSIM and the various breakout boards for
>    M.2 modems.

sysmoOCTSIM is a sysmocom product (proprietary hardware with open source
firmware on the SAM3 controllers for sim card emulation), so I'm normally
against "advertising" that too much in the context of Osmocom, which is an
open source project.

Talks about the osmo-remsim or the SIMtrace2 firmware (both open source
projects) are fine, and of course they can mention compatible hardware like
the sysmoOCTSIM, but only as a side-note.  There's already "osmo-remsim in practice"
already on the list of topics.

The modem break-out boards, or in fact all of the various Osmocom OSHW
projects (like SFP breakout, SFP experimenter, ...) would of course make
useful additions.  I've added the following entries to
https://osmocom.org/projects/osmo-dev-con/wiki/OsmoDevCall#Future

* "mPCIe and M.2/ngff modem breakout boards"
* "SFP experimenter and SFP breakout boards"