hackrf: gr-osmocom sink tx buffering

Sebastian Böhm Sebastian.Boehm at b-tu.de
Thu Dec 10 08:06:53 UTC 2020

Hi Eric,

thanks for your reply!
I understand what you mean by the performance aspect, but 'immediately'
in my case did not mean that no latency should occur. And I think my
problem does not necessarily belong to the size of the buffer.

However, I'm surprised that this buffer is only flushed to the Hackrf
hardware when it is completely filled, whereas it is actually streamed
continuously with 4M samples per second via USB.  This is a major
limitation.

Here is an example of what I mean:
If I create a simple communication protocol in grc where only a response
is made by sending a small acknowledgement packet for a request, but
otherwise waiting, the osmocom sink will never send this packet because
the buffer is not yet full. This inevitably leads to misbehavior in the
communication flow.

I could adjust the size of the buffer so that it is already completely
filled with the smallest of my packets, but his is not a very elegant
solution.

However, I'll try it!

Sebastian